Bread Pudding Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing
- 10 cups cubed brioche loaf or buns
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Barrel Aged Smoked Porter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Maple Smoked Porter Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Maple Barrel Aged Smoked Porter
Bread Pudding Instructions
Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish and fill it with the cubed brioche bread. Top it with chopped pecans.
Whisk together the half-and-half, milk, eggs, butter, brown sugar, porter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
Evenly pour the mixture over the brioche and then stir to evenly coat. Let the bread fully absorb the milk for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Once your bread is ready, bake for 50 minutes or until puffy and set. Remove from the oven and let it stand for another 10 minutes before serving.
Top with your Maple Smoked Porter Sauce.
In 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Serve sauce over warm bread pudding. Store in refrigerator.