« Back to job list
Hood River, Oregon
The Prep Cook position is an hourly (plus tips) position which will be scheduled for AM shifts, generally beginning at 9am or before. Prep cooks are vital to the success of the Pfriem Kitchen. They’re responsible for preparing a wide variety of items, from scratch, using almost all methods of cooking, both hot and cold. Prep Cooks will be responsible for executing the daily prep needs as outlined by managers, will be ready to change tasks as needs arise, can communicate needs or issues to managers, all while maintaining a reasonable level of organization and professionalism.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Prepared for the physical requirements of a busy kitchen and have attention to detail for both cleanliness and thoroughness.
- Punctuality, reliability, and being continually receptive to constructive guidance from leads and managers are requirements.
- At least one year in high-production, from-scratch food preparation, and have great care for the quality of their work.
- Learn and adapt to how we do things in the pFriem Kitchen
- Be willing to ask questions and discuss challenges to ensure proper execution of tasks
- Be on time for all shifts, ready to work, with a clear head
- Be able to provide consistent availability of days and shifts you are able to work
- Be self-motivated in seeking out additional tasks and/or ways to help other team members
- Be able and committed to carefully read recipes, measure accurately by both weight and volume in both standard and metric, and execute all recipes as written
- Follow all checklists and guides provided by management
- Care about the quality of the job you perform, and strive for efficiency
- Maintain quality, cleanliness, sanitation and professionalism regardless of business volume
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs safely and without risk of injury to self, others, or company property
- Be prepared to adhere to company policies in regard to COVID safety practices
- Hourly pay – DOE + tips
- Beer account privileges – hourly accrued amount
- On-shift meal discounts
- Discounts on food, beer, and merchandise
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance for full-time employees
- 401(k) option, with employer match for full-time employees
pFriem (pronounced “freem”) artisanal beers are symphonies of flavor and balance, influenced by the great brewers of Europe, but unmistakably true to our homegrown roots in the Pacific Northwest. We are guided by a religious commitment to quality and the never-ending pursuit of innovation. Although they are served humbly, each glass is overflowing with pride and a relentless aspiration to brew the best beer in the world.
pFriem Family Brewers has experienced incredible growth in the past eight years and has earned prestigious awards, including being named GABF® 2018 Mid-Size Brewing Company of the Year, Three-Time Brewery of the Year by the Beer Connoisseur, Best Brewpub Experience by Oregon Beer Awards, and numerous medals in national and international brewing competitions.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration, we look forward to hearing from you. Cheers from Team pFriem!