« Back to job list
The host/hostess position is an hourly plus tips position that is the face of pFriem for our guests. This is a part-time or full-time position, able to work morning afternoon, and evening shifts as scheduled. Their direct superiors are the Tasting Room Manager, Assistant General Manager, and the General Manager.
We are looking for some talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our team in a host/hostess role. You will greet guests as they enter the tasting room, add them to our waitlist using NoWait software, and show them to their table, as well as assist the serving staff with clearing and resetting tables, and be assigned shift-dependent side work.
- Being the first friendly face that guests will encounter upon their arrival to the tasting room.
- Greet guests as they enter the tasting room in a warm and authentic manner.
- Become familiar and comfortable with NoWait software and adding guests to the waitlist.
- Managing the waitlist proficiently; providing guests with accurate quote times, assigning parties on the waitlist to tables, and effectively rotating the seating of guests between sections.
- Provide guests with menus and answer any initial questions they may have.
- Seating guests at tables or directing them to the waiting areas.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they’re happy with food and service.
- Communicate any guest complaints or concerns with management.
- Answering phone calls and answering guests’ questions.
- Thorough knowledge of the food and beer menus, to assist with the guest experience.
- Assisting the serving staff with bussing and resetting tables.
- Providing great customer service.
- Move quickly and efficiently through a bustling restaurant.
- Interact with other front-of-house employees and back-of-house employees in a respectful and gracious manner.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all tasting room staff.
- Self-motivated; able to look for additional tasks during slow times and utilize the side work sheets to direct your efforts.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food or glassware, when necessary.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and professional workspace and environment.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to work in a consistently busy restaurant environment.
- At least 1+ year of prior hosting experience in a restaurant.
- Be available and reliable to work, and be consistently on-time
- Hourly pay – DOE + tips
- Beer account privileges – hourly accrued amount
- On-shift meal discounts
- Discounts on food, beer, and merchandise
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance for those that qualify
- 401(k) option, with employer match
pFriem (pronounced “freem”) artisanal beers are symphonies of flavor and balance, influenced by the great brewers of Europe, but unmistakably true to our homegrown roots in the Pacific Northwest. We are guided by a religious commitment to quality and the never-ending pursuit of innovation. Although they are served humbly, each glass is overflowing with pride and a relentless aspiration to brew the best beer in the world.
pFriem Family Brewers has experienced incredible growth in the past eight years and has earned prestigious awards, including being named GABF® 2018 Mid-Size Brewing Company of the Year, Three-Time Brewery of the Year by the Beer Connoisseur, Best Brewpub Experience by Oregon Beer Awards, and numerous medals in national and international brewing competitions.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers from Team pFriem!