« Back to job list
Hood River, Oregon
The bartender position is an hourly plus tips position that interacts with guests throughout their time in our tasting room. This is a part-time or full-time position, able to work morning, afternoon, and evening shifts as scheduled. Their direct superiors are the Tasting Room Manager, Assistant General Manager, and the General Manager.
We are looking for some talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our team in a bartender role. You will serve guests at the bar and supplementary bar section, providing excellent customer service throughout the duration of their pFriem experience. Bartenders are expected to have thorough beer, food, and company knowledge, and be able to clearly convey all three to guests.
- Greet guests upon being seated in a warm and authentic manner.
- Take beverage orders from guests at the bar, the ordering window, and table-side as necessary.
- Pours beers and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to pFriem standards.
- Recording food and drink orders accurately and enter them into the POS system in a timely manner.
- Accepting and processing guest payment.
- Wash, sterilize, and stock glassware throughout your shift.
- Be the primary busser for your section.
- Providing great customer service.
- Move quickly and efficiently through a bustling restaurant.
- Complete your shift side work, set the next shift up for success, and check out with the MOD in a timely and routine manner.
- Interact with other front-of-house employees and back-of-house employees in a respectful and gracious manner.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all tasting room staff.
- Self-motivated; able to look for additional tasks during slow times and utilize the side work sheets provided to direct your efforts.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and professional workspace and environment.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food or glassware.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to work in a consistently busy restaurant environment.
- At least 2+ year of prior bartending experience in a busy restaurant or brewpub setting.
- Be available and reliable to work, and be consistently on-time
- Able to obtain and maintain am Oregon food handlers’ card and an OLCC server license
- Hourly pay – DOE + tips
- Beer account privileges – hourly accrued amount
- On-shift meal discounts
- Discounts on food, beer, and merchandise
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance for those that qualify
- 401(k) option, with employer match
pFriem (pronounced “freem”) artisanal beers are symphonies of flavor and balance, influenced by the great brewers of Europe, but unmistakably true to our homegrown roots in the Pacific Northwest. We are guided by a religious commitment to quality and the never-ending pursuit of innovation. Although they are served humbly, each glass is overflowing with pride and a relentless aspiration to brew the best beer in the world.
pFriem Family Brewers has experienced incredible growth in the past eight years and has earned prestigious awards, including being named GABF® 2018 Mid-Size Brewing Company of the Year, Three-Time Brewery of the Year by the Beer Connoisseur, Best Brewpub Experience by Oregon Beer Awards, and numerous medals in national and international brewing competitions.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers from Team pFriem!