WHEN WILL THE PFRIEM TASTING ROOM RE-OPEN?
As of Friday, June 19th, 2020 - Hood River County has entered Phase 2 of Kate Brown’s Three-Phase Plan. While restaurants that meet the Distancing and Occupancy Guidelines are able to open for dine-in with limited capacity, there are several reasons why pFriem has been reluctant to open our doors too soon.
- The health and safety of our employees, guests, and community is our top priority. This means even if we are allowed by governing officials to re-open, we will not do so until we feel it is safe. We are in regular contact with the Hood River County Health Department to give us more insight on the local impact of the virus in our small community.
- The uncertainty of demand challenges with wages and operational costs make it difficult for the financial longevity of our business. Additionally, we are reluctant to risk the economic well-being of our staff since there are generous government assistance programs still in place for displaced staff. Please know, we are eager to hire back our beloved staff when it is safe and financially stable to do so.
- With that said, we are targeting a July 6 re-opening of our tasting room. We expect to open with outdoor seating only, on our covered outside patio, and using some temporary seating we are currently building in the parking lot near our outdoor patio.
WHEN THE DAY COMES TO RE-OPEN, HOW WILL THE TASTING ROOM BE DIFFERENT?
Our Tasting Room experience won’t be quite the same, but we are working hard to make it enjoyable and up to pFriem quality standards. We are asking our guests to be patient with us during this transition, as we are still learning and adapting to the new restaurant landscape. Here’s what you’ll be able to expect when we re-open:
- New seating layout and flow: for the safety of our gusts and staff, we will be opening with outside seating only. We will have a host outside controlling the flow of traffic to our outside seating areas; we will only allow guests who are seated at a table to go inside the building to the restroom, and per Oregon state requirements, they will need to wear a face covering once inside our building.
- Smaller beer and food selection: we pride ourselves in being able to offer a vast variety of to our customers, but with a limited staff, uncertainty about demand, and fluctuations in the market for raw materials, we had to cut our selection somewhat. However, we feel confident you’ll still find something you’ll enjoy!
- Waitlist: Because of our limited seating, we are going to work hard to offer expedited service so that as many of our guests can have a pFriem experience. We ask our guests to respect those on the waitlist and to not linger at tables for long periods of time during busy times of day.
- Dog Policy: Consistent with our past practices, and the recommendations of the County Health Department, we will not allow dogs in eating areas. There is ample dog parking near the patio for those with pups.
- Guest Policy: We ask you as our guests to follow CDC safety protocols and adhere to pFriem policy. Anyone who is not respecting physical distancing, mask requirements and new regulations will be asked to leave for the safety of our guests and employees. Please respect the fact that our employees are placing themselves at risk to serve you a delicious meal and tasty beers; please reciprocate this sacrifice by making reasonable accommodations and adhering to common sense health and behavior principles.
WHAT IS THE PFRIEM TEAM CURRENTLY DOING TO AID AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
- We have implemented staggered staffing to reduce employee overlaps, and to limit virus vectoring as much as possible.
- Temperature checks and health questionnaires occur daily for every employee working on-site.
- Masks are required for all employees.
- Handwashing and surface sanitation is done regularly in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
HOW YOU CAN CONTINUE TO SUPPORT PFRIEM
- To-Go: order food & beer to-go online 12pm-7pm Daily .
- Online Store: stock up full cases of pFriem beer (Oregon residents only), gift cards, & merch.
- Find our beer at your local retailer.
- Join our Beer Club: Receive quarterly allocations of limited pFriem Barrel Aged beer.