« Back to job list
Senior Operations Manager
pFriem Family Brewers is growing its brewery management team, and is looking for a Senior Operations Manager. This person will be responsible for overseeing the production planning, supply chain and procurement management, and forecasting processes of the company. pFriem is looking for a leader that is experienced, organized, and passionate about beer and functioning within a high functioning team.
The successful candidate is an individual who can work with other managers in the company to build and improve business processes, motivate and train others, drive for results, and foster a positive and progressive work environment. Extensive experience in an operations leadership role in a brewery is required. This position is based in Hood River, OR.
- Strong passion and knowledge of craft beer and the beer business.
- 7+ years of experience in an operations management function in craft beer.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Self-driven, organized, and flexible to work in a high growth environment.
- Strong personnel management and relationship skills.
- Strong communication and computer skills preferred.
- Experience with internal interfaces, specifically production, sales, finance, and executives.
- Experience with inventory, logistics, and warehousing strategy.
- Initiative in quickly addressing or preventing problems.
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of a scalable operations organization to enable company growth.
- Creation of annual goals and budgets for operations function.
- Ownership and management of demand and production planning processes.
- Translation of sales forecasting into production planning, and raw material forecasts.
- Cooperation with brewery and packaging management on tactical sales and shipment trends.
- Creation and ownership of supply chain from tactical orders to long term contracts.
- Management of vendor selection and continuous improvement processes, including negotiation of contracts, value engineering, cost reduction, and total vendor management.
- Execution of frequent shipment performance reviews with management and ownership.
- Ownership of company MRP system, and frequent synchronization with finance function.
- Competitive salary with a performance-based bonus structure.
- 3 weeks paid vacation accrued annually.
- Health Insurance.
- Company match 401(k).
- Beer and tasting room benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org